Project Stage 26 April 2021
Date of completion 17 December 2021
Starting on April 26th Simcox is going to be working in your area to replace all of the old asbestos cement watermains. The affected streets are shown on the map below. The works are generally going to progress from West to East. We will provide further information to the residents along each street 1 week before works is starting in their area. All roads will be reinstated as soon as possible after works are complete.
The majority of the works take place in the road so street trees will not be affected. Driveways and berms will not be affected except for where we need to connect the water main to the house connections.
- Starting on Monday the 26th of April there will be 4 weeks of investigation works which will be happening on all the streets shown below.
- In mid-May the trenching for the new watermain will be starting on Boyce St.
- Following this the works will progress to Chante Cr, Kowhai Dr, Inkerman St, Havelock St then Uxbridge St. A second team will be completing the works on Anglesea St starting in Late May and finishing in August.
- The works will be completed by the end of this year.
- Please contact Simcox on 03 578 5930 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. Nurse / Doctor visits or planned works on your property.
- There will be occasional water shutdowns during this project, those that are affected will be notified by letter at least 1 week prior to the proposed shut down.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels.
- Works will have no planned impact on the current power and telecommunications network. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared if there is an unexpected service cut off.
- Your rubbish and recycling will not change please put them in the normal spot at the normal time.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert - keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am to 5.30pm.