Starting today Simcox are going to be working in your area to replace all of the old asbestos cement watermains. The affected areas are shown on the map below. All roads will be reinstated as soon as possible after works are complete.
The majority of the works take place in the road so street trees will not be affected. Driveways and berms may be temporarily affected but they will be reinstated to their original condition after we have finished.
- Starting on Monday the 11th of October the trenching will be starting at the northern end of Inkerman St.
- The works will progress in stages with each stage being completed and tidied before the next stage is started up.
- The works highlighted below on Inkerman St and Havelock St are expected to be completed by Christmas this year.
Please download the PDF to whos the location of new water main.
- During working hours (7:00 am to 5:30 pm) the site will be set up as a one-way system.
- The one-way system will reduce the need for traffic lights which will mean less queueing and less waiting on the road. However, it will mean that in order to get in to Renwick town you will need use an alternative way (such as via Uxbridge St or Alma St)
- On street parking will be affected during these times.
- Access will be maintained to all properties throughout the project.